Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vegetarian Recipes - #ShareASpoon Thursday

I pop in and out of a fun twitter chat on Thursday mornings with Gevalia Coffee (#beanchat) and I always encounter fun and cool bloggers there. Today, @adrienzgirl mentioned that she does #ShareASpoon every Thursday on her blog, Think Tank Momma.  The theme this Thursday is: Vegetarian!

Think Tank Momma

Foodies Unite is a confirmed carnivore (sorrrry cows!) but upon looking into the recipe box, I came up with a good one, especially with the holidays coming - this is a great appetizer and can be dressed up or down!  Visitors can also check out my Green Thai Curry recipe which is another great vegetarian option!


Better Cheddar Dip


10 oz Cracker Barrel Vermont Cheddar (or any good sharp vermont cheddar)
8 slices clooked bacon crumbled
1 bunch of scallions & 1/2 of green bit chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 to 3/4 cup mayo

Bake walnuts at 250 degrees for approximately 15 min.
Grate Cheese.
Combine all ingredients.
Serve with good water crackers like Carr's.


The great thing about this recipe is that you can swap the cheddar for your favorite cheeses like a gruyere.  Or add some crumbled blue cheese to the mix and somedried cranberries.  I tend to serve it in a pretty glass pedestal bowl.  Enjoy!

And THANKS to #shareaspoon & @adrienzgirl!



1 comment:

  1. I love dips. This one will certainly find it's way to my table this holiday season.

    I am thrilled you Shared with us this week! I post the theme for #ShareaSpoon every Saturday. I let my readers pick the themes and then highlight(link) them on Saturday and then on Thursday when we post the recipes. The recipe link is open for a week for those who can't link on Thursday.

    Let me know if you have themes you would like to see!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...