Monday, October 11, 2010

Beeeeeeer. Utah beeeeeeer. really?

Moving to Utah would make people assume that your alcoholic beverage life is over.  It is not.  In fact, a greater appreciation for pairing and good beverages emerges.  One of the super finds so far that has emerged to the forefront is Utah beer - no longer an oxymoron.

I live along the Wasatch front ... as in mountains - BIG, gorgeous mountains.  The Utah Brewers Cooperative is a combination of Wasatch and Squatters Brewing and they won the the prize for Mid-Size Brewing Company and Mid-Size Brewing Company Brewer of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival in September 2010.  UBC also won gold medals for Summerbrau and Squatter's Wit as well as a bronze for Hell's Keep.

I have yet to try the other brews but I will be sure to keep you up to date as I do ... but first, I would like to share my first and favorite Utah beer - Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen.


Now many would think - Apricot?  Beer?  and I am here to tell you - YES!  and it is divine!  The apricot smell and taste (all natural) are potent but not overpowering.  It compliments the wheat base perfectly and is a good drinking beer as well as a pairing. 

I could go on and pretend that I speak beer afficionado snob speak - but I don't.  I can simply say - TRY IT!  You might like it!  I did.

What is your favorite fruit based beer?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...